Paul McCartney and New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell were married in a ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London today, People reports. The former Beatle, 69, and Shevell, 51, began dating four years ago and got engaged this past May. This is the third marriage for McCartney, who divorced Heather Mills in 2008. His first marriage, to Linda McCartney, lasted 29 years until her death from cancer in 1998. People reports that the groom’s 7-year-old daughter, Beatrice, served as the flower girl, and guests included Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach; George Harrison’s widow, Olivia; and Shevell’s cousin, Barbara Walters. Today is a date of significance on Beatles fans’ calendar for another reason: It’s the day McCartney’s late bandmate and songwriting partner John Lennon would have turned 71.
(Jim Ross/AP Photo)
Posted October 9 2011 — 12:13 PM EDT
- Elmo Williams, Oscar-winning editor of 'High Noon,' dies at 102
- See Sylvester Stallone become Rocky in this ultimate training montage
- See Po uncover the Secret Panda Village in new 'Kung Fu Panda 3' clip
- Setsuko Hara, Japanese screen legend, dies at 95
- Bryan Cranston moved to tears while discussing pivotal 'Breaking Bad' scene
- See photos from 'Arrow'-'The Flash' crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'
- Jon Favreau's 'Chef' is going Bollywood
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year