Paul McCartney and New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell were married in a ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London today, People reports. The former Beatle, 69, and Shevell, 51, began dating four years ago and got engaged this past May. This is the third marriage for McCartney, who divorced Heather Mills in 2008. His first marriage, to Linda McCartney, lasted 29 years until her death from cancer in 1998. People reports that the groom’s 7-year-old daughter, Beatrice, served as the flower girl, and guests included Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach; George Harrison’s widow, Olivia; and Shevell’s cousin, Barbara Walters. Today is a date of significance on Beatles fans’ calendar for another reason: It’s the day McCartney’s late bandmate and songwriting partner John Lennon would have turned 71.
(Jim Ross/AP Photo)
Posted October 9 2011 — 12:13 PM EDT
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'
- 'Late Late Show': James Corden takes on Usain Bolt in a 100-meter sprint
- 'The Flash': Exclusive first look at Tom Felton
- Amy Schumer is first woman to make Forbes' highest-paid comedians list
- WATCH: Sarah Paulson picks her weirdest 'American Horror Story' role
- Debra Messing hits the campaign trail after 'Will & Grace' reunion