Paul McCartney and New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell were married in a ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London today, People reports. The former Beatle, 69, and Shevell, 51, began dating four years ago and got engaged this past May. This is the third marriage for McCartney, who divorced Heather Mills in 2008. His first marriage, to Linda McCartney, lasted 29 years until her death from cancer in 1998. People reports that the groom’s 7-year-old daughter, Beatrice, served as the flower girl, and guests included Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach; George Harrison’s widow, Olivia; and Shevell’s cousin, Barbara Walters. Today is a date of significance on Beatles fans’ calendar for another reason: It’s the day McCartney’s late bandmate and songwriting partner John Lennon would have turned 71.
(Jim Ross/AP Photo)
Posted October 9 2011 — 12:13 PM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters