Paul McCartney and New York businesswoman Nancy Shevell were married in a ceremony at the Old Marylebone Town Hall in London today, People reports. The former Beatle, 69, and Shevell, 51, began dating four years ago and got engaged this past May. This is the third marriage for McCartney, who divorced Heather Mills in 2008. His first marriage, to Linda McCartney, lasted 29 years until her death from cancer in 1998. People reports that the groom’s 7-year-old daughter, Beatrice, served as the flower girl, and guests included Ringo Starr and his wife, Barbara Bach; George Harrison’s widow, Olivia; and Shevell’s cousin, Barbara Walters. Today is a date of significance on Beatles fans’ calendar for another reason: It’s the day McCartney’s late bandmate and songwriting partner John Lennon would have turned 71.
(Jim Ross/AP Photo)
Posted October 9 2011 — 12:13 PM EDT
- Melissa Benoist joins Boston bombing movie 'Patriots Day'
- The Goo Goo Dolls talk not wanting to "make the same record again'
- Anne Hathaway turning drone-war play 'Grounded' into movie
- James Franco, Russell Crowe 'Blood Meridian' adaptation scrapped
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses drop season 5 finale teasers
- Taylor Swift tops list of highest-paid musicians in 2015
- Colton Haynes gets honest about life after 'Arrow'