Scotty McCreery may be the oldest 18-year-old alive. On Clear as Day, American Idol’s latest champ sounds like he’s 52, and not just because of the Randy Travis baritone coming from his Opie Taylor mouth. It’s that he’s anticipating being ”old and gray” and reliving high school memories that are still ”clear as day” (um, that’s because he hasn’t graduated yet). His world’s so archaic, girls don’t even send him texts: He has to say ”Write My Number on Your Hand.” At least his Idol rival Lauren Alaina acts her age. On Wildflower, she captures the restless spirit of small-town girls who get grounded for French-kissing the boy next door; you can hear her rebel fire in the barn-burning fiddles on ”Georgia Peaches.” Just try to ignore the fact that on ”The Locket,” a sonic version of the Ryan Gosling weepie The Notebook, she recalls a romance that began ”back in ‘41.” Kids — they grow up so fast! Clear as Day: C+, Wildflower: B
WildflowerScotty McCreery may be the oldest 18-year-old alive. On Clear as Day, American Idol's latest champ sounds like he's 52, and not just...WildflowerScotty McCreery may be the oldest 18-year-old alive. On Clear as Day, American Idol's latest champ sounds like he's 52, and not just...2011-10-13
'FLOWER' POWER Idol alum Alaina revels in girly things and teenage fun on her debut
Lead Performer: Lauren Alaina; Music Label: Mercury Nashville
Posted October 13 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'