The National Book Awards nomination debacle – which began when the National Book Foundation mistakenly named Shine by Lauren Myracle as a contender for the young adult category instead of Chime by Franny Billingsley – is so ridiculous that it naturally invites parody. This video, animated in the text-to-voice style of the Xtranormal series of GEICO ads, spoofs the incident pretty much by recounting what actually happened. See the video below!
- 10 under-the-radar songs from emerging artists to hear now
- Team USA flag bearer's jacket will glow at Olympics Opening Ceremony
- 'Suicide Squad': Jared Leto on perfecting the Joker's iconic laugh
- Adrianne Palicki to star in Seth MacFarlane's space show
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Flash,' 'Once Upon a Time' and more
- Netflix's 'The Get Down' soundtrack sets release date
- 'Boy Meets World' cast reunites on 'Girl Meets World' set