The National Book Awards nomination debacle – which began when the National Book Foundation mistakenly named Shine by Lauren Myracle as a contender for the young adult category instead of Chime by Franny Billingsley – is so ridiculous that it naturally invites parody. This video, animated in the text-to-voice style of the Xtranormal series of GEICO ads, spoofs the incident pretty much by recounting what actually happened. See the video below!
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters