The National Book Awards nomination debacle – which began when the National Book Foundation mistakenly named Shine by Lauren Myracle as a contender for the young adult category instead of Chime by Franny Billingsley – is so ridiculous that it naturally invites parody. This video, animated in the text-to-voice style of the Xtranormal series of GEICO ads, spoofs the incident pretty much by recounting what actually happened. See the video below!
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip
- Andrew Dice Clay talks 'Vinyl': 'Record company guys were out of their f---ing minds!'
- 'Dawson's Creek' revival not likely, says Katie Holmes
- 'The Force Awakens' characters to appear in new LEGO 'Star Wars' series
- See Aziz Ansari in a goofy retro sitcom parody of 'Master of None'
- The Week in J.K. Rowling: Still not a prequel, and more
- 'The Flash' trailer teases Zoom's identity