The National Book Awards nomination debacle – which began when the National Book Foundation mistakenly named Shine by Lauren Myracle as a contender for the young adult category instead of Chime by Franny Billingsley – is so ridiculous that it naturally invites parody. This video, animated in the text-to-voice style of the Xtranormal series of GEICO ads, spoofs the incident pretty much by recounting what actually happened. See the video below!
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit
- 'McFarland, USA' and the neutering of sports movies
- Leonard Nimoy: 9 'I Am Not Spock' TV roles
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?