The National Book Awards nomination debacle – which began when the National Book Foundation mistakenly named Shine by Lauren Myracle as a contender for the young adult category instead of Chime by Franny Billingsley – is so ridiculous that it naturally invites parody. This video, animated in the text-to-voice style of the Xtranormal series of GEICO ads, spoofs the incident pretty much by recounting what actually happened. See the video below!
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- See Jessica Simpson and Tracee Ellis Ross' glamorous 'sister' photo
- Kanye West to perform '808s & Heartbreak' in full at Hollywood Bowl
- 5 shows to watch now that 'Hannibal' is over
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne performed 'Complicated' on 1989 tour
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!