The loud-and-proud Nashville star digs into politics once again on lead single ”Made in America,” which laments the sight of ”foreign cars filled with fuel that isn’t ours.” (Later, ”Red Solo Cup” flies its flag for Margaritaville.) Yet much of Clancy’s Tavern — named after a bar Keith’s grandmother once ran — strikes a quieter, more intimate note: ”South of You” is a gentleman’s kiss-off, while the lovely ”Just Another Sundown” could almost pass for James Taylor. B+
TAMER 'TAVERN' The rabble-rousing country strikes a quieter note on the album's better tracks
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Toby Keith; Music Label: Universal
Posted October 25 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!