The loud-and-proud Nashville star digs into politics once again on lead single ”Made in America,” which laments the sight of ”foreign cars filled with fuel that isn’t ours.” (Later, ”Red Solo Cup” flies its flag for Margaritaville.) Yet much of Clancy’s Tavern — named after a bar Keith’s grandmother once ran — strikes a quieter, more intimate note: ”South of You” is a gentleman’s kiss-off, while the lovely ”Just Another Sundown” could almost pass for James Taylor. B+
TAMER 'TAVERN' The rabble-rousing country strikes a quieter note on the album's better tracks
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Toby Keith; Status: In Season; Music Label: Universal
Posted October 25 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters