Shame, the dark and erotic drama starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, was slapped with an NC-17 rating, an expected move considering the film’s explicit nudity and sex. Fassbender plays a successful single New Yorker who is a compulsive sex addict. The film premiered at September’s Venice Film Festival, where Fassbender was named Best Actor, and Fox Searchlight picked it up after it screened at the Toronto Film Festival. It opens in theaters Dec. 2. Watch the trailer below:
Posted October 26 2011 — 11:49 AM EDT
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!