Shame, the dark and erotic drama starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, was slapped with an NC-17 rating, an expected move considering the film’s explicit nudity and sex. Fassbender plays a successful single New Yorker who is a compulsive sex addict. The film premiered at September’s Venice Film Festival, where Fassbender was named Best Actor, and Fox Searchlight picked it up after it screened at the Toronto Film Festival. It opens in theaters Dec. 2. Watch the trailer below:
Posted October 26 2011 — 11:49 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters