Shame, the dark and erotic drama starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan, was slapped with an NC-17 rating, an expected move considering the film’s explicit nudity and sex. Fassbender plays a successful single New Yorker who is a compulsive sex addict. The film premiered at September’s Venice Film Festival, where Fassbender was named Best Actor, and Fox Searchlight picked it up after it screened at the Toronto Film Festival. It opens in theaters Dec. 2. Watch the trailer below:
Posted October 26 2011 — 11:49 AM EDT
- Tracy Morgan's first TV interview since car accident to air on 'Today'
- See the cover and an excerpt from Michael Buckley's 'Raging Sea,' book two in the Undertow Trilogy
- Mizgin ditches an ex in 'If I Said I'm In Love (Suicide)' video -- exclusive
- U2 pays tribute to deceased tour manager at Los Angeles concert
- Kit Harington and Alicia Vikander are a darling 'Testament of Youth' in exclusive clip
- 'Jaws' turns 40, returns to theaters for another feeding