The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- 'Walking Dead': Greg Nicotero on cut scenes to 'Remember'
- 'Last Man on Earth' ratings are not the end of the world
- 'Blacklist' return for Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen: First Look
- Electropop artist EZA's 'Headlights' video is a synesthetic breakup jam -- exclusive
- Farewell, Bro: How Matt Fractions 'Hawkeye' changed Marvel Comics
- This 'Get Hard' red-band trailer is really, REALLY NSFW
- Let us now mourn Jared Leto's man bun