The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- 'Penny Dreadful': Josh Hartnett on his chemistry with Eva Green
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch