The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!