The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now
- 'Applesauce' cast talks sex and severed body parts
- James Gunn comments on Star-Lord dad rumors
- 'All My Children' and 'Bonanza' star David Canary dies at 77
- 'Martyrs' remake: Exclusive release details for Troian Bellisario-starring horror movie
- Box office preview: 'The Good Dinosaur,' 'Creed' enter the ring
- Mark Strong on his epic role in 'A View from the Bridge'