The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!