The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!