The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!