The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'