The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
(Industrial Light & Magic/Marvel)
Posted October 28 2011 — 10:31 AM EDT
- Cameron Monaghan talks that 'Gotham' twist, crafting Jerome's laugh
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.
- 'Gotham' boss says the Joker isn't a single person, but an 'ideology'
- Ellen Page in early talks for 'Flatliners' remake
- 'The Flash' boss teases state of Team Flash in season 2
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Derek Hough takes us behind the scenes before the show!