Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
(Musa Sadulayev/AP Images)
Posted October 31 2011 — 1:23 PM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'