Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
(Musa Sadulayev/AP Images)
Posted October 31 2011 — 1:23 PM EDT
- 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' debuts music video for 'Sexy Getting Ready Song'
- A&E's new Halloween show is your worst nightmare brought to life
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner on the 'badass yacht' and 'seabound refugees' waiting in season 2
- Paul Walker Foundation honors marine conservationists
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' video hits a major milestone
- Lauren Graham dishes on the biggest surprise of 'Gilmore Girls'
- Jon Voight joins 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'