Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
(Musa Sadulayev/AP Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo