Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
(Musa Sadulayev/AP Images)
Posted October 31 2011 — 1:23 PM EDT
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- Marvel reveals Amadeus Cho as 'Totally Awesome Hulk'
- This is what it was like when Andrew Garfield worked at Starbucks
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!