Hilary Swank has fired her manager, Jason Weinberg, and two of his CAA associates, four weeks after she was paid to attend a Chechen gala event that celebrated the birthday of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Russian-backed Chechen president who’s been accused of numerous human right violations. Swank apologized and vowed to donate her appearance fee to charity, but the London Independent reported that the embarrassing blunder ultimately led to the dismissal of Weinberg, who’d been the Oscar winner’s agent for eight years. Swank is reportedly staying with CAA, though, where her boyfriend Jason Campisi is employed. In an email, Swank’s spokesperson confirmed that Swank “has made several changes to her team.”
(Musa Sadulayev/AP Images)
Posted October 31 2011 — 1:23 PM EDT
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home
- 'Agents of SHIELD': How it'll dive into Skye's story and the 'birth of a superhero'