The Biebs’ gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn’t coal-lump bad; it’s more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20 in the pocket. Two originals, ”Mistletoe” and ”Only Thing I Ever Get for Christmas,” are sleigh-ride-smooth R&B jangles, but the classics bring no cheer — worst is the rap-wrapped ”Drummer Boy,” on which Bieber spits some of the looniest white-boy rhymes off the shores of Lonely Island: ”I’m so tight I might go psycho/Christmas time, so here’s a recital.” C+
Under The Mistletoe The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...Under The MistletoeHoliday The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...2011-11-02
CHRISTMAS FEVER Bieber should stick to gift wrapping, not riff rapping
Genre: Holiday; Lead Performer: Justin Bieber; Music Label: Island Def Jam
Posted November 2 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'