The Biebs’ gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn’t coal-lump bad; it’s more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20 in the pocket. Two originals, ”Mistletoe” and ”Only Thing I Ever Get for Christmas,” are sleigh-ride-smooth R&B jangles, but the classics bring no cheer — worst is the rap-wrapped ”Drummer Boy,” on which Bieber spits some of the looniest white-boy rhymes off the shores of Lonely Island: ”I’m so tight I might go psycho/Christmas time, so here’s a recital.” C+
Under The Mistletoe The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...Under The MistletoeHoliday The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...2011-11-02
CHRISTMAS FEVER Bieber should stick to gift wrapping, not riff rapping
Genre: Holiday; Lead Performer: Justin Bieber; Music Label: Island Def Jam
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!