The Biebs’ gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn’t coal-lump bad; it’s more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20 in the pocket. Two originals, ”Mistletoe” and ”Only Thing I Ever Get for Christmas,” are sleigh-ride-smooth R&B jangles, but the classics bring no cheer — worst is the rap-wrapped ”Drummer Boy,” on which Bieber spits some of the looniest white-boy rhymes off the shores of Lonely Island: ”I’m so tight I might go psycho/Christmas time, so here’s a recital.” C+
Under The Mistletoe The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...Under The MistletoeHoliday The Biebs' gentle set of gentile carols on Under the Mistletoe isn't coal-lump bad; it's more like a dorky sweater from Nana with a 20...2011-11-02
CHRISTMAS FEVER Bieber should stick to gift wrapping, not riff rapping
Genre: Holiday; Lead Performer: Justin Bieber; Music Label: Island Def Jam
Posted November 2 2011 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade