Now that R.E.M. have split, it’s the end of the world as we know it — but, apparently, not the end of repackaging their work. Fans will already own the hits on the two-disc set Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage (1982-2011), a ”best of” from the I.R.S. and Warner Bros. years. Still, there are three new songs, finished after this year’s Collapse Into Now, and folky highlight ”We All Go Back to Where We Belong” suggests that Athens’ finest had more sweet jangle left in ‘em. Sad. B
RAPID EAR MOVEMENT Fresh off their break-up, the band turns in a best-of live double disc with three new songs that show they had still some hits left
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: R.E.M.; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted November 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- More exclusive images of Bruce Campbell in 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- Audience member attempts to charge phone on stage at Broadway play
- Conan O'Brien on hosting his show from Comic-Con: 'Imagine 'Conan' bombarded by gamma rays'
- Dave Grohl covers Neil Young with members of Blind Melon and Pearl Jam
- 'Boulevard' director on working with Robin Williams: 'I couldn't have loved him more'
- 'Rise of the Tomb Raider' exclusive images
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Katherine Howe's ghostly love story 'The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!