Now that R.E.M. have split, it’s the end of the world as we know it — but, apparently, not the end of repackaging their work. Fans will already own the hits on the two-disc set Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage (1982-2011), a ”best of” from the I.R.S. and Warner Bros. years. Still, there are three new songs, finished after this year’s Collapse Into Now, and folky highlight ”We All Go Back to Where We Belong” suggests that Athens’ finest had more sweet jangle left in ‘em. Sad. B
RAPID EAR MOVEMENT Fresh off their break-up, the band turns in a best-of live double disc with three new songs that show they had still some hits left
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: R.E.M.; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted November 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!