Now that R.E.M. have split, it’s the end of the world as we know it — but, apparently, not the end of repackaging their work. Fans will already own the hits on the two-disc set Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage (1982-2011), a ”best of” from the I.R.S. and Warner Bros. years. Still, there are three new songs, finished after this year’s Collapse Into Now, and folky highlight ”We All Go Back to Where We Belong” suggests that Athens’ finest had more sweet jangle left in ‘em. Sad. B
RAPID EAR MOVEMENT Fresh off their break-up, the band turns in a best-of live double disc with three new songs that show they had still some hits left
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: R.E.M.; Music Label: Warner Bros.
Posted November 9 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'