Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
(Chris Hatcher/PR Photos)
Posted November 18 2011 — 1:20 PM EST
- Grimm canceled by NBC after upcoming final season
- Read Gene Wilder's 1970 letter about Willy Wonka's costume
- Gene Wilder: A look at his final onscreen performance
- Mel Brooks pays tribute to longtime collaborator Gene Wilder
- Inside the 'Bitch Sesh' Podcast
- Stars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Mankind is under threat in exclusive trailer for sci-fi film 'Somnus'