Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
(Chris Hatcher/PR Photos)
Posted November 18 2011 — 1:20 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles