Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
(Chris Hatcher/PR Photos)
Posted November 18 2011 — 1:20 PM EST
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers