Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
(Chris Hatcher/PR Photos)
Posted November 18 2011 — 1:20 PM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday