Kathryn Bigelow’s still untitled drama about the search for Osama bin Laden will now be released Dec. 19. 2012, a rep for Sony confirms. Since 2008, The Hurt Locker’s Oscar-winning director and screenwriter Mark Boal have been working on a film version of the book Kill Bin Laden, which details the failed attempt to take out the Al Qaeda leader in the December 2001 battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. In light of the successful black ops mission last spring, the script was reworked.
(Chris Hatcher/PR Photos)
Posted November 18 2011 — 1:20 PM EST
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders