The startling power of Tomboy, a beautiful, matter-of-fact French drama about a young girl who wants to be a boy — and for one singular summer around her 10th birthday passes as one — begins with the one-of-a-kind natural performance by Zoé Héran as Laure. Taking her family’s move to a new neighborhood as a chance for reinvention, she introduces herself as Mikael, happily playing sports with the guys and even attracting a romance-minded girl (Jeanne Disson). Equally admirable in Céline Sciamma’s hopeful drama: Laure’s empathetic parents. A-
TomboyThe startling power of Tomboy, a beautiful, matter-of-fact French drama about a young girl who wants to be a boy — and for one...TomboyDramaPT84MThe startling power of Tomboy, a beautiful, matter-of-fact French drama about a young girl who wants to be a boy — and for one...2011-11-18
BOY GIRL Zoe Heran and Jeanne Disson in Tomboy
Genre: Drama; Release Date Limited: 11/25/2011; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 84
Posted November 18 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!