Tobey Maguire has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit over illegal poker profits he made while sitting across the table from a convicted Ponzi scheme operator, according to the Associated Press. Maguire was one of several celebrities who regularly played cards with Brad Ruderman, a hedge fund manager who sits in a Texas prison for swindling millions from investors. Since Maguire reportedly won $300,000 in profits, he was named with 21 other people in a lawsuit filed by the trustee attempting to locate Ruderman’s missing millions. According to court documents filed in bankruptcy court, the $80,000 payment will remove Maguire from further litigation in the matter, pending a judge’s approval.
Posted November 28 2011 — 1:19 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt