Tobey Maguire has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit over illegal poker profits he made while sitting across the table from a convicted Ponzi scheme operator, according to the Associated Press. Maguire was one of several celebrities who regularly played cards with Brad Ruderman, a hedge fund manager who sits in a Texas prison for swindling millions from investors. Since Maguire reportedly won $300,000 in profits, he was named with 21 other people in a lawsuit filed by the trustee attempting to locate Ruderman’s missing millions. According to court documents filed in bankruptcy court, the $80,000 payment will remove Maguire from further litigation in the matter, pending a judge’s approval.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' star Norman Reedus on Daryl's big finale
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!