Tobey Maguire has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit over illegal poker profits he made while sitting across the table from a convicted Ponzi scheme operator, according to the Associated Press. Maguire was one of several celebrities who regularly played cards with Brad Ruderman, a hedge fund manager who sits in a Texas prison for swindling millions from investors. Since Maguire reportedly won $300,000 in profits, he was named with 21 other people in a lawsuit filed by the trustee attempting to locate Ruderman’s missing millions. According to court documents filed in bankruptcy court, the $80,000 payment will remove Maguire from further litigation in the matter, pending a judge’s approval.
Posted November 28 2011 — 1:19 PM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel