Tobey Maguire has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit over illegal poker profits he made while sitting across the table from a convicted Ponzi scheme operator, according to the Associated Press. Maguire was one of several celebrities who regularly played cards with Brad Ruderman, a hedge fund manager who sits in a Texas prison for swindling millions from investors. Since Maguire reportedly won $300,000 in profits, he was named with 21 other people in a lawsuit filed by the trustee attempting to locate Ruderman’s missing millions. According to court documents filed in bankruptcy court, the $80,000 payment will remove Maguire from further litigation in the matter, pending a judge’s approval.
Posted November 28 2011 — 1:19 PM EST
- Gender-swapped 'Twilight'? Meet Beau and Edythe
- Cameron Monaghan talks about that shocking 'Gotham' twist
- ‘Furious 8’ director: Rating the most likely candidates
- Casting Net: Jamie Foxx is voicing an animated street-dancing mouse
- Most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'Don't Dream It's Over'
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.