Tobey Maguire has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit over illegal poker profits he made while sitting across the table from a convicted Ponzi scheme operator, according to the Associated Press. Maguire was one of several celebrities who regularly played cards with Brad Ruderman, a hedge fund manager who sits in a Texas prison for swindling millions from investors. Since Maguire reportedly won $300,000 in profits, he was named with 21 other people in a lawsuit filed by the trustee attempting to locate Ruderman’s missing millions. According to court documents filed in bankruptcy court, the $80,000 payment will remove Maguire from further litigation in the matter, pending a judge’s approval.
Posted November 28 2011 — 1:19 PM EST
- How the 'Fuller House' set came to life
- Meet the new suitor of 'UnREAL,' played by B.J. Britt — exclusive
- Emily Blunt saddles up for 'My Little Pony' movie
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Scandal' star Katie Lowes on THAT sex scene
- Watch Steve Angello's surreal new 'Tiger' video
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Colin Firth and Jude Law craft a classic in 'Genius'
- Ranking the magical elements from 'The Vampire Diaries' and 'The Originals'