Lea Michele has auditioned for the role of Éponine in director Tom Hooper’s cinematic adaptation of the musical, Les Miserables. The Glee actress, who played Young Cosette on Broadway when she was just 8 years old, would join Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and Eddie Redmayne in the production, if she wins the role of the headstrong girl who falls for heroic Marius. The New York Post’s Page 6 initially reported that Michele, Taylor Swift, Scarlett Johansson, and Evan Rachel Wood had each auditioned, but Wood’s representatives say that the Ides of March actress has not done so. Spokespersons for Swift and Johansson did not respond to requests for comment.
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!