Lea Michele has auditioned for the role of Éponine in director Tom Hooper’s cinematic adaptation of the musical, Les Miserables. The Glee actress, who played Young Cosette on Broadway when she was just 8 years old, would join Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and Eddie Redmayne in the production, if she wins the role of the headstrong girl who falls for heroic Marius. The New York Post’s Page 6 initially reported that Michele, Taylor Swift, Scarlett Johansson, and Evan Rachel Wood had each auditioned, but Wood’s representatives say that the Ides of March actress has not done so. Spokespersons for Swift and Johansson did not respond to requests for comment.
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...