Few soul singers portray love’s vicissitudes as realistically as Hamilton: ”Let’s catch a movie, then dinner/Tonight’s the night we’ll just unwind,” he suggests on the beautifully understated ”Best of Me.” Back to Love is as solid as any of his previous six albums, but its high points are the three tunes co-produced by Babyface, including the slow-burning ”Pray for Me” and ”Mad,” a funky juke-joint jam about owning one’s emotions. A-
SOUL MAN Hamilton's seventh set shines with Babyface-produced slow jams (Adrian Sidney)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Anthony Hamilton; Music Label: RCA
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!