If you know her only as the very intense Parisian lady from Lars von Trier movies, this double album should serve as a good introduction to Gainsbourg and her ultracool brand of electro-pop. Featuring unreleased studio tracks as well as live performances of songs from her 2009 breakout IRM, Stage Whisper is all slow-grinding skinny-jeans disco and breathy emotional detachment. In other words: impossibly chic, and impossibly French. B+
TRES COOL The impossibly French actress and Lars von Trier muse turns out unreleased studio tracks and skinny jean-friendly electropop (Nick Knight)
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Charlotte Gainsbourg; Music Label: Elektra
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop