If you know her only as the very intense Parisian lady from Lars von Trier movies, this double album should serve as a good introduction to Gainsbourg and her ultracool brand of electro-pop. Featuring unreleased studio tracks as well as live performances of songs from her 2009 breakout IRM, Stage Whisper is all slow-grinding skinny-jeans disco and breathy emotional detachment. In other words: impossibly chic, and impossibly French. B+
TRES COOL The impossibly French actress and Lars von Trier muse turns out unreleased studio tracks and skinny jean-friendly electropop (Nick Knight)
Genre: Indie Rock; Lead Performer: Charlotte Gainsbourg; Music Label: Elektra
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- Box office report: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,’ 'Vacation'
- First trailer for 'Zoolander 2' asks one big existential question
- Valerie Harper replaced in play after hospital stay
- NFL legend Jerry Rice heads to 'Hawaii Five-0'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!