After using several Sigur Rós songs in 2001’s Vanilla Sky, Cameron Crowe hired the Icelandic band’s elfin frontman, Jónsi, to score his latest. The resulting soundtrack for We Bought a Zoo — thick with multitracked vocals, plaintive piano, and swooning orchestral arrangements by classical-music hotshot Nico Muhly — feels more or less indistinguishable from a Sigur Rós album, though Jónsi does flash a refreshingly frisky side on ”Gathering Stories,” which he co-wrote with Crowe. B
'ZOO' TUNES Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi populates the Crowe's score with swooning orchestral arrangements (Wendy Redfern/Getty Images)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!