After using several Sigur Rós songs in 2001’s Vanilla Sky, Cameron Crowe hired the Icelandic band’s elfin frontman, Jónsi, to score his latest. The resulting soundtrack for We Bought a Zoo — thick with multitracked vocals, plaintive piano, and swooning orchestral arrangements by classical-music hotshot Nico Muhly — feels more or less indistinguishable from a Sigur Rós album, though Jónsi does flash a refreshingly frisky side on ”Gathering Stories,” which he co-wrote with Crowe. B
'ZOO' TUNES Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi populates the Crowe's score with swooning orchestral arrangements (Wendy Redfern/Getty Images)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lane Smith explains the origins of his darkly funny picture books
- See Jennifer Lopez's stereotype-smashing 'Ain't Your Mama' video
- Victoria Beckham on Spice Girls past: 'They used to turn my mic off'
- 'The Originals': Danielle Campbell previews the rush to save Davina
- 'Harry Potter': Watch skydivers play mid-air Quidditch
- Watch puppies predict the Kentucky Derby on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'The Guardian Brothers': Meryl Streep, Zendaya to voice characters