After using several Sigur Rós songs in 2001’s Vanilla Sky, Cameron Crowe hired the Icelandic band’s elfin frontman, Jónsi, to score his latest. The resulting soundtrack for We Bought a Zoo — thick with multitracked vocals, plaintive piano, and swooning orchestral arrangements by classical-music hotshot Nico Muhly — feels more or less indistinguishable from a Sigur Rós album, though Jónsi does flash a refreshingly frisky side on ”Gathering Stories,” which he co-wrote with Crowe. B
'ZOO' TUNES Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi populates the Crowe's score with swooning orchestral arrangements (Wendy Redfern/Getty Images)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release