After using several Sigur Rós songs in 2001’s Vanilla Sky, Cameron Crowe hired the Icelandic band’s elfin frontman, Jónsi, to score his latest. The resulting soundtrack for We Bought a Zoo — thick with multitracked vocals, plaintive piano, and swooning orchestral arrangements by classical-music hotshot Nico Muhly — feels more or less indistinguishable from a Sigur Rós album, though Jónsi does flash a refreshingly frisky side on ”Gathering Stories,” which he co-wrote with Crowe. B
'ZOO' TUNES Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi populates the Crowe's score with swooning orchestral arrangements (Wendy Redfern/Getty Images)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists
Posted December 7 2011 — 12:00 AM EST
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Julie Chen on 'Big Brother' showmances: 'Go for it!'