After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho’s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds wants 9 daughters
- 'Scandal' star Bellamy Young talks Mellie's presidential chances
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday