After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho’s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
- WWE's 'Smackdown' to begin airing live on new night
- Lewis Black yells at roommates so you don't have to
- 'Morgan' trailer: Kate Mara gets an ominous intro to artificial life
- Bonnaroo: The uncensored history of America's wildest festival
- Emilia Clarke sings 'MMMBop' in Dothraki
- The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher talks connection with Jordan Rodgers
- The Roots reenact an awkward scene from 'The Bachelorette'