After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho’s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
- EW Recommends The Last Man on Earth, Grace and Frankie, and more
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Swisher joins untitled Tommy Johnagin pilot
- On the Books: 'Clueless' star Stacey Dash signs book deal
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Focus': The reviews are in...