After the gravel-voiced Dark Knight, for many, Christian Bale’s most identifiable role remains American Psycho’s Patrick Bateman, the Manhattan-suit-turned-murderous-sociopath adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ lighting-rod novel of the same name. It could be difficult for some to imagine anyone else pulling off the role, but EW has confirmed that a new actor may have a chance to slip on Bateman’s top-of-the-line suits: Lionsgate is in very early development on a new film based on Ellis’ book, working with commercial and music video director Noble Jones. Deadline is reporting that Jones’ take is to bring Bateman into post-9/11, post-financial meltdown New York. But nothing has been greenlit yet, and with a Broadway musical also long in the works, Bateman may be high stepping it on the Great White Way before he ever makes it back to the big screen.
- Niall Horan would spend his last night on earth with Ellie Goulding
- Alex Trebek rapped Drake's 'Jumpman' on 'Jeopardy'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star teases Amelia's struggle with getting pregnant
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing young Han Solo: 'It's been so surreal'
- WATCH: Gizmo and the Gremlins are newest additions to 'Lego Dimensions'
- WATCH: New 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' Trailer — Exclusive
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- 9 of the Best 'Wheel of Fortune' Moments Ever
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow