(Charles Norfleet/PR Photos; Fox)
Posted December 13 2011 — 2:08 PM EST
Steve Carell said goodbye to The Office earlier this year, but he’ll be back in prime time next year to lend his voice to an episode of The Simpsons, EW has learned exclusively. Carell will play Dan Gillick, a tightly wound accountant for Fat Tony (returning guest Joe Mantegna), who may go from crunching numbers to crunching skulls when he’s put in charge of the mob by Fat Tony while the big boss serves jury duty.
“He’s nervous, and then Fat Tony says that he’s got to kill some people and then he’s really nervous because he actually wants to do it,” says exec producer Al Jean of Carell’s character. “The line between Ivy League MBA and ruthless murderer is a very thin one.” Dan winds up receiving counsel from Homer after Dan joins Homer’s bowling team as a replacement for Otto, who has suffered a psychotic break.The episode featuring Carell – who will start filming the big-screen comedy Burt Wonderstone with Jim Carrey in January – is slated to air next fall on Fox as part of the animated comedy’s 24th season.
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!