(Charles Norfleet/PR Photos; Fox)
Posted December 13 2011 — 2:08 PM EST
Steve Carell said goodbye to The Office earlier this year, but he’ll be back in prime time next year to lend his voice to an episode of The Simpsons, EW has learned exclusively. Carell will play Dan Gillick, a tightly wound accountant for Fat Tony (returning guest Joe Mantegna), who may go from crunching numbers to crunching skulls when he’s put in charge of the mob by Fat Tony while the big boss serves jury duty.
“He’s nervous, and then Fat Tony says that he’s got to kill some people and then he’s really nervous because he actually wants to do it,” says exec producer Al Jean of Carell’s character. “The line between Ivy League MBA and ruthless murderer is a very thin one.” Dan winds up receiving counsel from Homer after Dan joins Homer’s bowling team as a replacement for Otto, who has suffered a psychotic break.The episode featuring Carell – who will start filming the big-screen comedy Burt Wonderstone with Jim Carrey in January – is slated to air next fall on Fox as part of the animated comedy’s 24th season.
- Drake replaces 'Madonna' lyric with 'Rihanna' during concert
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!