Girls, the new HBO comedy created by and starring Lena Dunham and exec produced by Judd Apatow, looks like the anti-Sex and the City. The lead character, 24, is too broke to afford fancy shoes (or lunch), knows struggle because she’s 11 pounds overweight (“I am 13 pounds overweight, and it has been awful for me my whole life!”), and thinks she might be the voice of a generation (as opposed to just single ladies). What she does have in common with Carrie Bradshaw and her girls: a lot of sex talk. Watch two teases below. (And yes, that’s Peter Scolari as the dad!)
Posted December 14 2011 — 1:52 PM EST
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath' introduces a gay hero to the galaxy
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!