Girls, the new HBO comedy created by and starring Lena Dunham and exec produced by Judd Apatow, looks like the anti-Sex and the City. The lead character, 24, is too broke to afford fancy shoes (or lunch), knows struggle because she’s 11 pounds overweight (“I am 13 pounds overweight, and it has been awful for me my whole life!”), and thinks she might be the voice of a generation (as opposed to just single ladies). What she does have in common with Carrie Bradshaw and her girls: a lot of sex talk. Watch two teases below. (And yes, that’s Peter Scolari as the dad!)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Gallant drops a rain-streaked video for his next-level slow jam 'Open Up': Exclusive
- 'Walking Dead': Gale Anne Hurd on season finale
- Pusha T, Tinie Tempah, and Beorn from 'The Hobbit' star in the video for iSHi's 'Push It' remix: Exclusive
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!