Girls, the new HBO comedy created by and starring Lena Dunham and exec produced by Judd Apatow, looks like the anti-Sex and the City. The lead character, 24, is too broke to afford fancy shoes (or lunch), knows struggle because she’s 11 pounds overweight (“I am 13 pounds overweight, and it has been awful for me my whole life!”), and thinks she might be the voice of a generation (as opposed to just single ladies). What she does have in common with Carrie Bradshaw and her girls: a lot of sex talk. Watch two teases below. (And yes, that’s Peter Scolari as the dad!)
Posted December 14 2011 — 1:52 PM EST
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- Jon Stewart reveals his final three 'Daily Show' guests
- 'Key & Peele' have a very 'awkward' conversation about pop-culture opinions
- Starz boss scolds TV critics over HBO 'feud': 'Shame ... behave yourselves'
- Coach Taylor wants you to 'turn your goddamn cell phones off' in new PSA
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!