Girls, the new HBO comedy created by and starring Lena Dunham and exec produced by Judd Apatow, looks like the anti-Sex and the City. The lead character, 24, is too broke to afford fancy shoes (or lunch), knows struggle because she’s 11 pounds overweight (“I am 13 pounds overweight, and it has been awful for me my whole life!”), and thinks she might be the voice of a generation (as opposed to just single ladies). What she does have in common with Carrie Bradshaw and her girls: a lot of sex talk. Watch two teases below. (And yes, that’s Peter Scolari as the dad!)
Posted December 14 2011 — 1:52 PM EST
- 7 must-read comics for Free Comic Book Day 2016
- 'Roadies' trailer: Luke Wilson ready to rock in Cameron Crowe series
- 'The Originals': The latest victim speaks!
- 'The Originals': Julie Plec bids farewell to [spoiler]
- 'The Originals' boss breaks down those shocking deaths
- Idris Elba joins Jessica Chastain in Aaron Sorkin's 'Molly's Game'
- 'Vampire Diaries' boss takes you inside the Paul Wesley-directed episode