Girls, the new HBO comedy created by and starring Lena Dunham and exec produced by Judd Apatow, looks like the anti-Sex and the City. The lead character, 24, is too broke to afford fancy shoes (or lunch), knows struggle because she’s 11 pounds overweight (“I am 13 pounds overweight, and it has been awful for me my whole life!”), and thinks she might be the voice of a generation (as opposed to just single ladies). What she does have in common with Carrie Bradshaw and her girls: a lot of sex talk. Watch two teases below. (And yes, that’s Peter Scolari as the dad!)
Posted December 14 2011 — 1:52 PM EST
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations