I know people who don’t take top 10 lists very seriously. But really, what do they know? I’ve always felt that our critical judgments – not just mine or Lisa’s, but anyone’s – are far from infallible. That’s why the end of the year offers such a great, and essential, opportunity for a critic to take stock, to look at the movies that really mattered to us the most. To see Lisa and my complete Best and Worst lists, you’ll have to go to the print issue of EW, but below, we talk about our No. 1 choices (think: cosmic) and a few others that made our lists. And once you’ve heard ours, don’t be shy (as if any of you could be). What were your favorites this year?
Posted December 16 2011 — 12:39 PM EST
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan exchange comic haymakers in 'Top Five' outtakes
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Buffy season 8 recap: 'No Future for You'/'Wolves at the Gate'
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'