I know people who don’t take top 10 lists very seriously. But really, what do they know? I’ve always felt that our critical judgments – not just mine or Lisa’s, but anyone’s – are far from infallible. That’s why the end of the year offers such a great, and essential, opportunity for a critic to take stock, to look at the movies that really mattered to us the most. To see Lisa and my complete Best and Worst lists, you’ll have to go to the print issue of EW, but below, we talk about our No. 1 choices (think: cosmic) and a few others that made our lists. And once you’ve heard ours, don’t be shy (as if any of you could be). What were your favorites this year?
Posted December 16 2011 — 12:39 PM EST
- Here are the TV marathons you can binge this Fourth of July weekend
- 'Star Wars' comic sets up 'Force Awakens'
- In this week's EW: 'Unbreakable' — An Oral History
- 'Empire' recurring role for Marisa Tomei
- What movie should you see this Fourth of July weekend?
- This is the best rom-com for people who don't like rom-coms
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' and 'Fargo' trading cards for Comic-Con: First Look