I know people who don’t take top 10 lists very seriously. But really, what do they know? I’ve always felt that our critical judgments – not just mine or Lisa’s, but anyone’s – are far from infallible. That’s why the end of the year offers such a great, and essential, opportunity for a critic to take stock, to look at the movies that really mattered to us the most. To see Lisa and my complete Best and Worst lists, you’ll have to go to the print issue of EW, but below, we talk about our No. 1 choices (think: cosmic) and a few others that made our lists. And once you’ve heard ours, don’t be shy (as if any of you could be). What were your favorites this year?
Posted December 16 2011 — 12:39 PM EST
- 'The Flash' boss teases state of Team Flash in season 2
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Derek Hough takes us behind the scenes before the show!
- Rush performs ‘Roll the Bones’ with a little help from their friends in 'R40 Live' concert film
- 'iZombie' taps Eddie Jemison as new villain
- Bjork is releasing an orchestral version of her last album 'Vulnicura'
- Nancy Drew series in the works from Grey's producers
- 'House of Lies' taps Wanda Sykes, Ken Marino for guest roles