Six years after Crash won the Oscar for Best Picture, director Paul Haggis finally earned a hard-fought legal victory over his film’s spoils. Haggis, costar Brendan Fraser, producer Mark Harris, and co-writer Bobby Moresco were awarded nearly $12 million in damages when a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that Crash financier Bob Yari had breached his contract with “inappropriate accounting procedures,” “bogus contractual interpretations,” and “diverting funds to third parties” in order to avoid fulfilling his agreement.
Posted December 21 2011 — 3:29 PM EST
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!