Six years after Crash won the Oscar for Best Picture, director Paul Haggis finally earned a hard-fought legal victory over his film’s spoils. Haggis, costar Brendan Fraser, producer Mark Harris, and co-writer Bobby Moresco were awarded nearly $12 million in damages when a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that Crash financier Bob Yari had breached his contract with “inappropriate accounting procedures,” “bogus contractual interpretations,” and “diverting funds to third parties” in order to avoid fulfilling his agreement.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'