Six years after Crash won the Oscar for Best Picture, director Paul Haggis finally earned a hard-fought legal victory over his film’s spoils. Haggis, costar Brendan Fraser, producer Mark Harris, and co-writer Bobby Moresco were awarded nearly $12 million in damages when a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ruled that Crash financier Bob Yari had breached his contract with “inappropriate accounting procedures,” “bogus contractual interpretations,” and “diverting funds to third parties” in order to avoid fulfilling his agreement.
Posted December 21 2011 — 3:29 PM EST
- Bruce Springsteen stops ‘Jersey Girl’ performance for a marriage proposal
- Rihanna teases VMAs performance with abstract art video
- Here's how they make those movie sex scenes so sexy
- Robert Gant talks romancing Debbie Gibson in 'Summer of Dreams'
- 'Southside With You' reviews: What critics are saying
- 'Rogue One' trailer gets 'Friends' treatment in mash-up video
- Drake sent Rihanna a message... on a billboard