Jeremy Renner was not involved or injured in a bar fight in Thailand that reportedly put two men in the hospital with stab wounds, according to the actor’s spokesperson. Thai media and TMZ had reported that the Oscar-nominated actor, who’s currently in the Philippines shooting the next Bourne film, had suffered minor injuries after a brawl erupted at the Ratchada Pub in Bangkok early Wednesday morning. Six men were arrested and charged with attempted murder, and Phuket Police said the melee – which included clubs, knives, and a battle-axe – occurred after a “minor understanding.” Though Renner was at the club that night, his rep says he exited before the fight, was not hurt, and is back at work shooting The Bourne Legacy in Manila.
Posted January 5 2012 — 11:16 AM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!