Jeremy Renner was not involved or injured in a bar fight in Thailand that reportedly put two men in the hospital with stab wounds, according to the actor’s spokesperson. Thai media and TMZ had reported that the Oscar-nominated actor, who’s currently in the Philippines shooting the next Bourne film, had suffered minor injuries after a brawl erupted at the Ratchada Pub in Bangkok early Wednesday morning. Six men were arrested and charged with attempted murder, and Phuket Police said the melee – which included clubs, knives, and a battle-axe – occurred after a “minor understanding.” Though Renner was at the club that night, his rep says he exited before the fight, was not hurt, and is back at work shooting The Bourne Legacy in Manila.
Posted January 5 2012 — 11:16 AM EST
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode