Sir Elton John will publish his first book, Love Is the Cure, about his determination to stop the spread of AIDS. The book will include stories of his own encounters with individuals like Ryan White and Freddie Mercury who died of the disease. John wrote in a press release, “This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book.” Some proceeds from the book, slated for July 2012, will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- Beyoncé adds new dates to Formation tour
- Avengers take on Ultron in 'Marvel Heroes 2016' game update
- The Hold Steady announce 'Boys & Girls in America' anniversary shows
- How Hot 97 inspired Anohni's dark new album 'Hopelessness'
- WATCH: Viggo Mortensen looking for answers in 'Captain Fantastic' clip
- Bethany Cosentino slams music industry sexism on 'The Daily Show'
- Train announces Led Zeppelin cover album