Sir Elton John will publish his first book, Love Is the Cure, about his determination to stop the spread of AIDS. The book will include stories of his own encounters with individuals like Ryan White and Freddie Mercury who died of the disease. John wrote in a press release, “This is a disease that must be cured not by a miraculous vaccine, but by changing hearts and minds, and through a collective effort to break down social barriers and to build bridges of compassion. Why are we not doing more? This is a question I have thought deeply about, and wish to answer—and to help change—by writing this book.” Some proceeds from the book, slated for July 2012, will go to the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
- See Candis Cayne on 'Young and the Restless' (and the famous friend she brought along)
- 'Rosewood' books guest star Joy Bryant
- James Bay looks back on his stellar debut year
- 'Star Wars'-themed movie theater set to open
- Holland Taylor opens up about relationship with younger woman
- J.J. Abrams on the making of the #Force4Ham sequence