Nine years after Bruce Almighty, Universal is plotting a second coming. (Or technically a third.) EW has confirmed a Variety report that the studio has plans to reunite Jim Carrey with the Yes Man writers (Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel) for a new chapter in the life of the newscaster who is handed God’s powers and responsibilities after complaining about the big man’s negligence. The 2003 film, which co-starred Morgan Freeman as God, Jennifer Aniston as Bruce’s girlfriend, and Steve Carell as his hated rival, grossed more than $484 million worldwide, making it Carrey’s biggest hit. This wouldn’t be the first Bruce sequel; Evan Almighty attempted to hand the reins over to Carell’s character, but that expensive, effects-heavy 2007 film underperformed and barely grossed $100 million.
Posted January 10 2012 — 9:37 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'