The worst-reviewed movie of the year is finally on DVD! And yes, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011, R, 1 hr., 37 mins.) is pretty much as awful as its 0 percent Rotten Tomatoes rating suggests. In case you missed this dud in theaters, Reno 911!’s Nick Swardson plays a bucktoothed dimwit who heads to Hollywood to become a porn star. He’s staggeringly unfunny. But when Don Johnson shows up as Miles Deep, a washed-up XXX director who takes the simpleton under his wing, something magical happens. For a brief moment you don’t want to jab a railroad spike in your eyes. Now, that’s a guy who was born to be a star. C-
GOING NOWHERE Nick Swardson and Don Johnson in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (John Ales)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Don Johnson, Christina Ricci, Nick Swardson; Director: Tom Brady; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2011; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner to divorce
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!