The worst-reviewed movie of the year is finally on DVD! And yes, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011, R, 1 hr., 37 mins.) is pretty much as awful as its 0 percent Rotten Tomatoes rating suggests. In case you missed this dud in theaters, Reno 911!’s Nick Swardson plays a bucktoothed dimwit who heads to Hollywood to become a porn star. He’s staggeringly unfunny. But when Don Johnson shows up as Miles Deep, a washed-up XXX director who takes the simpleton under his wing, something magical happens. For a brief moment you don’t want to jab a railroad spike in your eyes. Now, that’s a guy who was born to be a star. C-
GOING NOWHERE Nick Swardson and Don Johnson in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (John Ales)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Don Johnson, Christina Ricci, Nick Swardson; Director: Tom Brady; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2011; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: ‘not perfect,' 'determined’
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A