The worst-reviewed movie of the year is finally on DVD! And yes, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011, R, 1 hr., 37 mins.) is pretty much as awful as its 0 percent Rotten Tomatoes rating suggests. In case you missed this dud in theaters, Reno 911!’s Nick Swardson plays a bucktoothed dimwit who heads to Hollywood to become a porn star. He’s staggeringly unfunny. But when Don Johnson shows up as Miles Deep, a washed-up XXX director who takes the simpleton under his wing, something magical happens. For a brief moment you don’t want to jab a railroad spike in your eyes. Now, that’s a guy who was born to be a star. C-
GOING NOWHERE Nick Swardson and Don Johnson in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (John Ales)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Don Johnson, Christina Ricci, Nick Swardson; Director: Tom Brady; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2011; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Park Bench' season 2 exclusive clip: Triumph insults Steve Buscemi
- Doug Ellin on the thumbs-down review that crushed his last film: 'I wanted to kill Ebert'
- Shazam can identify images now, too
- Patrick Dempsey prepping a return to prime-time TV?
- '19 Kids and Counting' is no longer streaming on Hulu
- Bono performs with a Bono impersonator at L.A. show
- Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg as stoners in love--and danger: 'American Ultra' red-band trailer