The worst-reviewed movie of the year is finally on DVD! And yes, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011, R, 1 hr., 37 mins.) is pretty much as awful as its 0 percent Rotten Tomatoes rating suggests. In case you missed this dud in theaters, Reno 911!’s Nick Swardson plays a bucktoothed dimwit who heads to Hollywood to become a porn star. He’s staggeringly unfunny. But when Don Johnson shows up as Miles Deep, a washed-up XXX director who takes the simpleton under his wing, something magical happens. For a brief moment you don’t want to jab a railroad spike in your eyes. Now, that’s a guy who was born to be a star. C-
GOING NOWHERE Nick Swardson and Don Johnson in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (John Ales)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Don Johnson, Christina Ricci, Nick Swardson; Director: Tom Brady; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2011; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!