The worst-reviewed movie of the year is finally on DVD! And yes, Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (2011, R, 1 hr., 37 mins.) is pretty much as awful as its 0 percent Rotten Tomatoes rating suggests. In case you missed this dud in theaters, Reno 911!’s Nick Swardson plays a bucktoothed dimwit who heads to Hollywood to become a porn star. He’s staggeringly unfunny. But when Don Johnson shows up as Miles Deep, a washed-up XXX director who takes the simpleton under his wing, something magical happens. For a brief moment you don’t want to jab a railroad spike in your eyes. Now, that’s a guy who was born to be a star. C-
GOING NOWHERE Nick Swardson and Don Johnson in Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (John Ales)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Don Johnson, Christina Ricci, Nick Swardson; Director: Tom Brady; Release Date Wide: 09/09/2011; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lucy Lawless maintains no 'Xena' deal, but she'd like one
- 'The Cosby Show' producer says series is 'kind of tarnished'
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!