One of the most unique-sounding Sundance films this year has to be Shut Up and Play the Hits, which follows LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy in the days leading up to and immediately after his beloved act’s final live performance, at Madison Square Garden last April. Directed by Dylan Southern and Will Lovelace, Shut Up intercuts concert footage with intimate access to Murphy as he deals with the fallout from his decision to walk away from such a successful enterprise. The film premieres on Sunday, Jan. 22, at Sundance. In the meantime, check out the very cool looking trailer below.
Posted January 11 2012 — 3:00 PM EST
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!