It’s been over a decade since Jennifer Westfeldt’s cult indie comedy, Kissing Jessica Stein, hit theaters. In that time, the romantic-comedy genre has steadily debased itself into a horrific quagmire of mediocrity, falling from the heights of the Julia Roberts Golden Era to the depths of the Katherine Heigl Dark Age. So there are reasons to be hopeful that Westfeldt’s upcoming Friends With Kids can stop the downward trend. Actually, there’s just one big reason: the film is essentially an instantaneous Bridesmaids semi-sequel, with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm, and Chris O’Dowd reunited as couples with kiddies. Westfeldt stars as their single friend who makes a Next Best Thing pact with fellow singleton Adam Scott: They’ll have a kid and raise it. Also, Megan Fox is in this movie! Hi Megan! Watch the trailer:
Posted January 12 2012 — 11:56 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!