It’s been over a decade since Jennifer Westfeldt’s cult indie comedy, Kissing Jessica Stein, hit theaters. In that time, the romantic-comedy genre has steadily debased itself into a horrific quagmire of mediocrity, falling from the heights of the Julia Roberts Golden Era to the depths of the Katherine Heigl Dark Age. So there are reasons to be hopeful that Westfeldt’s upcoming Friends With Kids can stop the downward trend. Actually, there’s just one big reason: the film is essentially an instantaneous Bridesmaids semi-sequel, with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm, and Chris O’Dowd reunited as couples with kiddies. Westfeldt stars as their single friend who makes a Next Best Thing pact with fellow singleton Adam Scott: They’ll have a kid and raise it. Also, Megan Fox is in this movie! Hi Megan! Watch the trailer:
Posted January 12 2012 — 11:56 AM EST
- Bones, Sleepy Hollow crossover date revealed
- Disney chief on 'Star Wars' box office: Don’t get cocky
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on why Team Street is 'squad dreams supreme'
- Darren Criss in talks for 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Chris Hyndman, CBC talk show host, dies at 49
- ‘Wicked City’ producers say oral sex murder scene is ‘not violence porn’
- Final season of cult U.K. sitcom 'Peep Show' starts shooting