It’s been over a decade since Jennifer Westfeldt’s cult indie comedy, Kissing Jessica Stein, hit theaters. In that time, the romantic-comedy genre has steadily debased itself into a horrific quagmire of mediocrity, falling from the heights of the Julia Roberts Golden Era to the depths of the Katherine Heigl Dark Age. So there are reasons to be hopeful that Westfeldt’s upcoming Friends With Kids can stop the downward trend. Actually, there’s just one big reason: the film is essentially an instantaneous Bridesmaids semi-sequel, with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm, and Chris O’Dowd reunited as couples with kiddies. Westfeldt stars as their single friend who makes a Next Best Thing pact with fellow singleton Adam Scott: They’ll have a kid and raise it. Also, Megan Fox is in this movie! Hi Megan! Watch the trailer:
Posted January 12 2012 — 11:56 AM EST
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'