It’s been over a decade since Jennifer Westfeldt’s cult indie comedy, Kissing Jessica Stein, hit theaters. In that time, the romantic-comedy genre has steadily debased itself into a horrific quagmire of mediocrity, falling from the heights of the Julia Roberts Golden Era to the depths of the Katherine Heigl Dark Age. So there are reasons to be hopeful that Westfeldt’s upcoming Friends With Kids can stop the downward trend. Actually, there’s just one big reason: the film is essentially an instantaneous Bridesmaids semi-sequel, with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm, and Chris O’Dowd reunited as couples with kiddies. Westfeldt stars as their single friend who makes a Next Best Thing pact with fellow singleton Adam Scott: They’ll have a kid and raise it. Also, Megan Fox is in this movie! Hi Megan! Watch the trailer:
Posted January 12 2012 — 11:56 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt