Glee finally returns next Tuesday with a hugely dramatic episode called “Yes/No.” The basis for the episode is Will asking New Directions to help him figure out a great song and way to propose to Emma. But then sooooo much else happens… AND THEN THERE’S THE GIGANTIC, GAME-CHANGING END MOMENTS. Get ready Gleeks. Also, get ready to cry. TURN AWAY NOW IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS. Here are the highlights…
- The episode opens with Sam and Mercedes taking lead on “Summer Lovin'” from Grease; Santana and Kurt, naturally, both take on the catty Rizzo portions.
- Helen Mirren voices the internal monologue of one of the characters and it’s AH-MAZING.
- Emma sings “Marry Me Will” with back-up assistance from Beiste and Sue; it’s the weirdest girl group EVER.
- NeNe Leakes from The Real Housewives of Atlanta makes her first appearance as the swim team coach Roz Washington. Her initial introduction to Sam is laugh-out loud hilarious.
- There’s a gratuitous Chord Overstreet bathing suit moment. You’re welcome.
- Finn contemplates joining the army which brings up a secret from his past and the return of his mom and Burt Hummel.
- The boys of New Directions’ take on Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger.”
- Will is in a tank top. You’re welcome.
- You see Emma in her wedding dress complete with bridesmaids… who are somewhat of a surprise.
- Becky decides that she’s going to make Artie her boyfriend.
- Rachel, Mercedes, Santana, and Tina perform Roberta Flack’s “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face,” and one of them reveals that she may in fact be in love with someone who’s not her current significant other.
- Emma’s horrible ginger-loving parents show back up.
- Emma gives an emotional, heart-wrenching speech to Will about their future together.
- Rachel sings a cover of David Guetta’s and Usher’s “Without You” to Finn.
- The entire cast is involved in a climactic version of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” that is both exhilarating, romantic, and emotional. Oh, and most of the cast is in bathing suits. Okay, it’s a synchronized-swimming number. And I may have cried during it.
- The final minutes have a HUGE, GIANT, PLOT TWIST. I can’t reveal it but, Gleeks, you will be stunned.
That’s all I can say because I don’t wanna ruin it for you fans… and Fox will have me assassinated.
Follow Tim on Twitter: @EWTimStack