The upcoming biopic Lovelace will undoubtedly have a lot of sex and nudity, but it’s the soul of the X-rated star of 1972’s Deep Throat that Amanda Seyfried hopes to bare. Linda Lovelace (real name: Linda Boreman) was a symbol of unfettered passion when porn became mainstream, but her backstory is far darker. She later renounced her films and claimed she was violently forced into the business by husband Chuck Traynor (played in the film by Peter Sarsgaard). As seen in this exclusive image from the film (just starting production under Howl directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman), things go bad for the couple almost from the start. ”Chuck has just gotten out of jail and told me that we are broke. We have nothing,” Seyfried says. ”She’s worried about what measures he’ll take, what he’s capable of doing in this situation.” A life in the onscreen sex trade will follow — and Seyfried says she’s ready for what that will require of her. ”The film will be both brazen and risqué. It is very bold,” the 26-year-old says. ”In order to fully share her story, I’ve never been more ready and willing to explore these dark and emotional circumstances.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!