The upcoming biopic Lovelace will undoubtedly have a lot of sex and nudity, but it’s the soul of the X-rated star of 1972’s Deep Throat that Amanda Seyfried hopes to bare. Linda Lovelace (real name: Linda Boreman) was a symbol of unfettered passion when porn became mainstream, but her backstory is far darker. She later renounced her films and claimed she was violently forced into the business by husband Chuck Traynor (played in the film by Peter Sarsgaard). As seen in this exclusive image from the film (just starting production under Howl directors Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman), things go bad for the couple almost from the start. ”Chuck has just gotten out of jail and told me that we are broke. We have nothing,” Seyfried says. ”She’s worried about what measures he’ll take, what he’s capable of doing in this situation.” A life in the onscreen sex trade will follow — and Seyfried says she’s ready for what that will require of her. ”The film will be both brazen and risqué. It is very bold,” the 26-year-old says. ”In order to fully share her story, I’ve never been more ready and willing to explore these dark and emotional circumstances.”
Posted January 13 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!