It doesn’t get much more British than this: Kate Winslet and Kenneth Branagh are making a movie called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (At least that’s the title until somebody renames it Taters!: A Love Story) A rep for Fox 2000 confirms that Branagh will direct the whimsical drama —based on the 2008 best-selling novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows — about a British writer (Winslet) who travels to the remote island of Guernsey after WWII to learn about how a book club helped the islanders weather the war. Don Roos (Marley & Me, Bounce) is on screenplay duty for the project, which reportedly starts shooting in March.
Posted January 13 2012 — 4:45 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt