Why do trailers for dramas with large ensembles make us less nervous than comedies? Adrien Brody, last seen as Salvador Dali in Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris, leads the cast of Detachment, a portrait of school teachers from American History X director Tony Kaye. He stars as a substitute who has more problems than his students. Christina Hendricks, Marcia Gay Harden, Bryan Cranston, William Petersen, Tim Blake Nelson, Lucy Liu, Blythe Danner, and James Caan costar.
Posted January 17 2012 — 5:12 PM EST
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Hunter S. Thompson talks outlaws and Hell's Angels in new 'Blank on Blank' clip
- Get a first look at NBC’s new thriller 'Blindspot'
- Little Mix give Whitney Houston and Jason Derulo an awesome gospel-style mash up
- Tig Notaro joins Twitter ahead of HBO special premiere
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!