Missed Gore Verbinski’s dark and quirky Academy Award-nominated Rango when it was in theaters last March? No worries, partner. Paramount announced shortly after the wonderfully weird CGI Western was named a Best Animated Film nominee (it will square off against A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Puss in Boots) that it will be returning to theaters beginning this Friday, Jan. 27 for a limited week-long engagement. The throwback film – which features the voices of Johnny Depp (as the crime-fighting-chameleon-with-an-identity-crisis Rango), Isla Fisher, and Timothy Olyphant – has already pulled in over $245 million worldwide at the box office and won Best Animated Film at the Critics Choice Awards.
Posted January 24 2012 — 1:40 PM EST
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!