Missed Gore Verbinski’s dark and quirky Academy Award-nominated Rango when it was in theaters last March? No worries, partner. Paramount announced shortly after the wonderfully weird CGI Western was named a Best Animated Film nominee (it will square off against A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Puss in Boots) that it will be returning to theaters beginning this Friday, Jan. 27 for a limited week-long engagement. The throwback film – which features the voices of Johnny Depp (as the crime-fighting-chameleon-with-an-identity-crisis Rango), Isla Fisher, and Timothy Olyphant – has already pulled in over $245 million worldwide at the box office and won Best Animated Film at the Critics Choice Awards.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo