Missed Gore Verbinski’s dark and quirky Academy Award-nominated Rango when it was in theaters last March? No worries, partner. Paramount announced shortly after the wonderfully weird CGI Western was named a Best Animated Film nominee (it will square off against A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Puss in Boots) that it will be returning to theaters beginning this Friday, Jan. 27 for a limited week-long engagement. The throwback film – which features the voices of Johnny Depp (as the crime-fighting-chameleon-with-an-identity-crisis Rango), Isla Fisher, and Timothy Olyphant – has already pulled in over $245 million worldwide at the box office and won Best Animated Film at the Critics Choice Awards.
Posted January 24 2012 — 1:40 PM EST
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!