Missed Gore Verbinski’s dark and quirky Academy Award-nominated Rango when it was in theaters last March? No worries, partner. Paramount announced shortly after the wonderfully weird CGI Western was named a Best Animated Film nominee (it will square off against A Cat in Paris, Chico & Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2, and Puss in Boots) that it will be returning to theaters beginning this Friday, Jan. 27 for a limited week-long engagement. The throwback film – which features the voices of Johnny Depp (as the crime-fighting-chameleon-with-an-identity-crisis Rango), Isla Fisher, and Timothy Olyphant – has already pulled in over $245 million worldwide at the box office and won Best Animated Film at the Critics Choice Awards.
Posted January 24 2012 — 1:40 PM EST
- Read your way through New Orleans
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!