Knopf publicity EVP Paul Bogaard’s latest exercise in long-form blogging has been making the rounds in the publishing industry this morning. His partly serious, partly tongue-in-cheek list of the top 100 power players in book publishing is both astute and guffaw-worthy: No. 4, “authors who have been to Heaven, met God”; No. 6, “intern assigned to company twitter feed.” Of course, we instantly did a CTRL+F for Entertainment Weekly, and we placed at No. 37 for putting Knopf’s Dragon Tattoo on our cover more than once – right behind Suze Orman and above The Atlantic. That’s not a bad place to be, I suppose, but we expect better in 2013.
Posted January 24 2012 — 1:30 PM EST
- George Harrison's estate posts throwback tribute to John Lennon
- Read an excerpt from Willie Nelson's Christmas book, 'Pretty Paper'
- Candace Cameron Bure is leaving 'The View'
- T-Pain haunts Smosh in 'Ghostmates' trailer — exclusive
- 'Rogue One' star Riz Ahmed raps about 'Star Wars' on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Cade visits Stefan in mid-season finale
- Yoko Ono pays tribute to John Lennon on anniversary of his death
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk