At the upscale Parisian nudie cabaret Crazy Horse, beautiful, spry, nearly bare-naked ladies perform erotic dances of preposterously Gallic ooh-là-là proportions for the pleasure of Champagne-sipping tourists. Completing his wonderful French cultural trilogy that also includes portraits of the Comédie-Fran¸aise and the Paris Opera Ballet, indefatigable documentarian Frederick Wiseman freely, unobtrusively prowls the joint to create a movie that respects the serious work involved in simulating the sensations of pleasure. A-
CRAZY HORSE Dancer Baby Light with Choreographer Philippe Decoufle (Antoine Poupel/Zipporah Films)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Frederick Wiseman; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 134; Distributor: Zipporah Films
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday