At the upscale Parisian nudie cabaret Crazy Horse, beautiful, spry, nearly bare-naked ladies perform erotic dances of preposterously Gallic ooh-là-là proportions for the pleasure of Champagne-sipping tourists. Completing his wonderful French cultural trilogy that also includes portraits of the Comédie-Fran¸aise and the Paris Opera Ballet, indefatigable documentarian Frederick Wiseman freely, unobtrusively prowls the joint to create a movie that respects the serious work involved in simulating the sensations of pleasure. A-
CRAZY HORSE Dancer Baby Light with Choreographer Philippe Decoufle (Antoine Poupel/Zipporah Films)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Frederick Wiseman; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 134; Distributor: Zipporah Films
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC