At the upscale Parisian nudie cabaret Crazy Horse, beautiful, spry, nearly bare-naked ladies perform erotic dances of preposterously Gallic ooh-là-là proportions for the pleasure of Champagne-sipping tourists. Completing his wonderful French cultural trilogy that also includes portraits of the Comédie-Fran¸aise and the Paris Opera Ballet, indefatigable documentarian Frederick Wiseman freely, unobtrusively prowls the joint to create a movie that respects the serious work involved in simulating the sensations of pleasure. A-
CRAZY HORSE Dancer Baby Light with Choreographer Philippe Decoufle (Antoine Poupel/Zipporah Films)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Frederick Wiseman; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 134; Distributor: Zipporah Films
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pokémon Go' gets the Honest Trailer treatment
- Radiohead played 'Let Down' for first time in a decade
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- Morrissey reveals world tour dates
- Billy Ray Cyrus comedy 'Still the King' renewed by CMT
- Cartoon Hillary Clinton pokes fun of DNC drama with Stephen Colbert
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years