At the upscale Parisian nudie cabaret Crazy Horse, beautiful, spry, nearly bare-naked ladies perform erotic dances of preposterously Gallic ooh-là-là proportions for the pleasure of Champagne-sipping tourists. Completing his wonderful French cultural trilogy that also includes portraits of the Comédie-Fran¸aise and the Paris Opera Ballet, indefatigable documentarian Frederick Wiseman freely, unobtrusively prowls the joint to create a movie that respects the serious work involved in simulating the sensations of pleasure. A-
CRAZY HORSE Dancer Baby Light with Choreographer Philippe Decoufle (Antoine Poupel/Zipporah Films)
Genre: Documentary; Director: Frederick Wiseman; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 134; Distributor: Zipporah Films
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zach Galifianakis calls Donald Trump 'mentally challenged'
- Garth Brooks earns historic RIAA achievement
- How Arnold Palmer invented the Arnold Palmer drink, in his words
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' kids share their Upside Down theories
- Joss Whedon shares which Avenger he’d pick as president
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke bares teeth with her 'dragon pack'
- Herschell Gordon Lewis, horror's 'godfather of gore,' dies at 87