Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rebel Wilson & Jimmy Fallon sing about the perks of single life
- See Rebel Wilson play Chubby Bunny with Jimmy Fallon
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel