Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Royals' star Alexandra Park previews a 'twisted' season 2
- Gabourey Sidibe blogs the latest episode of 'Empire,' 'Fires of Heaven'
- The 'Felicity' Love Triangle: Did she make the right choice?
- Great night for 'Arrow,' but 'Empire' is still king
- John Boyega on playing a black Stormtrooper: The backlash was 'unnecessary'
- Ralph Bakshi's 'Last Days of Coney Island' to premiere on Vimeo
- 'The Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero previews the 'explosive' season premiere