Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Radiohead played 'Let Down' for first time in a decade
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- Morrissey reveals world tour dates
- Billy Ray Cyrus comedy 'Still the King' renewed by CMT
- Cartoon Hillary Clinton pokes fun of DNC drama with Stephen Colbert
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Ellen Pompeo's choice to stay ‘based solely on age'
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years