Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again
- Keegan-Michael Key, 'Serial' host Sarah Keonig to guest on 'Son of Zorn'