Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday