Valée Donzelli directs and stars in an unexpectedly upbeat autobiographical drama made with French New Wave pizzazz about a young boy with brain cancer and the parents who pull together to fight for him. Donzelli knows her stuff: She’s the real mother, and Jérémie Elkaïm is the boy’s real father (and Donzelli’s co-writer). An adventurous song selection and stylish narrative techniques put a strangely romantic face on a harrowing story that’s a parental nightmare. Adding to the romance: Donzelli and Elkaïm are madly attractive. B
DECLARATION OF WAR Cesar Desseix, Jeremie Elkaim, and Valerie Donzelli
Release Date Limited: 01/27/2012; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; Distributor: Sundance Selects
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lucy Lawless maintains no 'Xena' deal, but she'd like one
- 'The Cosby Show' producer says series is 'kind of tarnished'
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!