TV’s Justified is based on a couple of Leonard novels — and especially on a Leonard creation, deputy U.S. marshal Raylan Givens. Here Leonard seems to be having a ball using the tweaks that Justified actor Timothy Olyphant has made to Givens’ character, resulting in a kind of alternate-universe edition of the show, in which brothers Dickie and Coover Crowe get into the kidney-selling business along with a tough nurse named Layla. Raylan, a punchy mix of crime and Kentucky coal-mine sociology, is a helluva lot more than a TV tie-in, though: It’s one of Leonard’s best thrillers in years. A?
KENTUCKY CRIME Raylan Givens, Leonard's intuitive deputy U.S. marshal, returns in his new thriller
Genre: Fiction; Author: Elmore Leonard; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Morrissey says he was sexually assaulted at San Francisco airport
- Listen to Prince's new, 'Kiss'-referencing single 'Stare'
- See the heart-stopping first trailer Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Dead House' by Dawn Kurtagich
- Tawney breaks down in 'Rectify' exclusive clip
- 'Fantastic Four' cast to make their first late-night appearance on 'WWHL' — exclusive
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!