TV’s Justified is based on a couple of Leonard novels — and especially on a Leonard creation, deputy U.S. marshal Raylan Givens. Here Leonard seems to be having a ball using the tweaks that Justified actor Timothy Olyphant has made to Givens’ character, resulting in a kind of alternate-universe edition of the show, in which brothers Dickie and Coover Crowe get into the kidney-selling business along with a tough nurse named Layla. Raylan, a punchy mix of crime and Kentucky coal-mine sociology, is a helluva lot more than a TV tie-in, though: It’s one of Leonard’s best thrillers in years. A?
KENTUCKY CRIME Raylan Givens, Leonard's intuitive deputy U.S. marshal, returns in his new thriller
Genre: Fiction; Author: Elmore Leonard; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted January 27 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Jimmy Kimmel makes peace with gamers after week-long feud
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!