Rooney Mara will star in Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming thriller Side Effects. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a Deadline Hollywood report that the Oscar-nominated actress from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will play a soon-to-be-released prisoner’s depressed wife whose powerful anxiety medication leads to an unpredictable outburst. Jude Law, Channing Tatum, and Catherine Zeta-Jones, veterans of previous Soderbergh film projects (Contagion, Haywire, and Traffic, respectively) have already been cast.
(Charles Norfleet/PR Photos)
Posted January 30 2012 — 4:20 PM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters