“I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.” So begins 10-year-old Auggie Pullman’s story in Wonder, the bighearted, uplifting debut novel by R.J. Palacio (out Feb. 14). Born with a severe facial deformity that shocks even well-meaning adults, Auggie – in many ways a regular boy with a sharp sense of humor and an obsession with Star Wars – takes the plunge from being home-schooled all his life to mainstream Beecher Prep, where he encounters the type of cruelty and bullying only found in middle school as well as genuine kindness. See below for the trailer for Wonder!
Posted January 30 2012 — 2:07 PM EST
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016