“I won’t describe what I look like. Whatever you’re thinking, it’s probably worse.” So begins 10-year-old Auggie Pullman’s story in Wonder, the bighearted, uplifting debut novel by R.J. Palacio (out Feb. 14). Born with a severe facial deformity that shocks even well-meaning adults, Auggie – in many ways a regular boy with a sharp sense of humor and an obsession with Star Wars – takes the plunge from being home-schooled all his life to mainstream Beecher Prep, where he encounters the type of cruelty and bullying only found in middle school as well as genuine kindness. See below for the trailer for Wonder!
Posted January 30 2012 — 2:07 PM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!