The Hunger Games blockbuster release just got a little bigger. When the movie opens in theaters on March 23, it will be screened on IMAX’s enormous screens for a one-week limited engagement. “With this news, the release of The Hunger Games has truly become an epic event,” said Lionsgate’s Joe Drake, in a statement. “The Hunger Games and IMAX are a match made in heaven – fans love this book because its world is so vividly imagined and seeing the film in IMAX will make them feel as if they have landed right in the middle of the action. It is the ideal way for fans to experience this film for the first time.”
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen to write, direct, produce, and star in Freddie Mercury biopic
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!