The Hunger Games blockbuster release just got a little bigger. When the movie opens in theaters on March 23, it will be screened on IMAX’s enormous screens for a one-week limited engagement. “With this news, the release of The Hunger Games has truly become an epic event,” said Lionsgate’s Joe Drake, in a statement. “The Hunger Games and IMAX are a match made in heaven – fans love this book because its world is so vividly imagined and seeing the film in IMAX will make them feel as if they have landed right in the middle of the action. It is the ideal way for fans to experience this film for the first time.”
Posted February 2 2012 — 9:21 AM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!