The Hunger Games blockbuster release just got a little bigger. When the movie opens in theaters on March 23, it will be screened on IMAX’s enormous screens for a one-week limited engagement. “With this news, the release of The Hunger Games has truly become an epic event,” said Lionsgate’s Joe Drake, in a statement. “The Hunger Games and IMAX are a match made in heaven – fans love this book because its world is so vividly imagined and seeing the film in IMAX will make them feel as if they have landed right in the middle of the action. It is the ideal way for fans to experience this film for the first time.”
Posted February 2 2012 — 9:21 AM EST
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?
- John 'Cha Cha' Ciarcia, actor on 'The Sopranos,' dies at 75
- People are naming their kids after the 'Empire' family
- Academy unveils shortlist of 15 Best Documentary contenders