The Hunger Games blockbuster release just got a little bigger. When the movie opens in theaters on March 23, it will be screened on IMAX’s enormous screens for a one-week limited engagement. “With this news, the release of The Hunger Games has truly become an epic event,” said Lionsgate’s Joe Drake, in a statement. “The Hunger Games and IMAX are a match made in heaven – fans love this book because its world is so vividly imagined and seeing the film in IMAX will make them feel as if they have landed right in the middle of the action. It is the ideal way for fans to experience this film for the first time.”
Posted February 2 2012 — 9:21 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!