Kate Beckinsale still looks supernaturally good in a patent leather cat suit in Underworld: Awakening, the franchise’s fourth chapter, which was shot in 3-D, but is one-dimensional in every other sense. The movie is set amidst a battle between humankind, drop-undead gorgeous vampires, and feral werewolves. Why are they fighting again? Never you mind. Just sit tight till the next action sequence (it won’t be long), and get ready to laugh — with equal parts scorn and fanboy joy — as Beckinsale strikes another Rodinesque pose under a slo-mo shower of inhuman innards. B-
VAMPIRE ON A MISSION Kate Beckinsale in Underworld: Awakening (Sony Pictures)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Kate Beckinsale; Release Date Wide: 01/20/2012
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!