The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Posted February 8 2012 — 4:23 PM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'