The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Posted February 8 2012 — 4:23 PM EST
- 21 nonfiction books to look forward to this fall
- 'Sherlock' men look stylish in first season 4 photo
- John Krasinski, Stephen Colbert pretend to puke to Shakespeare
- Emeril Lagasse previews 'delicious' new Amazon series, 'Eat the World'
- 'Whose billy goat is this?' guys to sing about other animals
- Seth Meyers: Global warming made Earth 'the Donald Trump of planets'
- ABC renews deal to broadcast the Oscars through 2028