The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Posted February 8 2012 — 4:23 PM EST
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!