The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Posted February 8 2012 — 4:23 PM EST
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Syfy to honor Leonard Nimoy Sunday
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- 'Game of Thrones' new poster: Tyrion and the dragon
- Zachary Quinto: Nimoy 'like family to me'
- See Lena Dunham in the trailer for HBO's 'It's Me, Hilary: The Man Who Drew Eloise'