The screenwriter who gave the Hulk his post-Ang Lee makeover will now tackle a sequel to the blockbuster reboot of The Karate Kid. According to Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment, Zak Penn, who wrote The Incredible Hulk, as well as Elektra and X-Men: The Last Stand, has been hired by Sony to take Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan on their next adventure, confirming a Variety report. Both stars are expected to return to their roles after their 2010 collaboration grossed more than $359 million.
Posted February 8 2012 — 4:23 PM EST
- Katharine McPhee drops catchy comeback single 'Lick My Lips'
- Kanye's anniversary tweet to Kim was super romantic
- Rumer Willis looks exactly like Demi Moore in new Instagram pic
- Robyn announces secret project
- Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, and manager Phil McIntyre team up for Safehouse Records
- Twitter loved Amy Schumer on 'The Bachelorette'
- Beach House announces new album and tour
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!