(Noel Vasquez/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
The man who believes his face should be in the dictionary next to the phrase ‘too much swag’ is about to get his chance to shine: MTV will premiere Pauly D’s Jersey Shore spin-off, appropriately titled The Pauly D Project, on March 29 at 10:30 p.m. The series will take viewers away from Seaside Heights as Mr. Delvecchio pursues his DJ dreams, scoring a record contract with 50 Cent’s G-Note Records and opening for Britney Spears on her “Femme Fatale” tour, all while palling around with his closest friends from his home state of Rhode Island.
The Pauly D Project will help to fill the void left by Jersey Shore, which wraps up its fifth season with a finale on March 15 and a reunion special a week later. The first half of that 10 o’clock hour on Thursdays will become a joke, literally: Punk’d will make its return after nearly a five-year absence. (Punk’d, by the way, was previously announced to be premiering on Feb. 19.) The hidden-camera prank show will no longer be hosted by Ashton Kutcher (though he continues to serve as executive producer), and instead features a rotation of guest hosts, including Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Kellan Lutz. Khloe Kardashian Odom and Demi Lovato are among this year’s targets.
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A