TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted February 10 2012 — 5:00 PM EST
- 'Sex Box' react: Enclosed encounters of the absurd kind
- Jennifer Lawrence vs. 'tabloid malarkey'
- 'Parks and Recreation': On the set for the last day of filming
- '12 Monkeys' boss on Cole's fate (Spoiler Alert!)
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio to play multiple personalities in The Crowded Room
- Blood, Next, Heaven, and more ambiguous film titles that confuse Google