TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted February 10 2012 — 5:00 PM EST
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'