TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted February 10 2012 — 5:00 PM EST
- Gender-swapped 'Twilight'? Meet Beau and Edythe
- Cameron Monaghan talks about that shocking 'Gotham' twist
- ‘Furious 8’ director: Rating the most likely candidates
- Casting Net: Jamie Foxx is voicing an animated street-dancing mouse
- Most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'Don't Dream It's Over'
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.