TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Sofia Vergara makes Catchphrase sexy on Fallon
- Bryan Adams comments on Ryan Adams' 'Summer of '69' cover
- Joss Whedon explains why he quit Twitter
- 'An Open Secret': Watch trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile doc
- 'Person of Interest' showrunners talk season 4 and its emotional finale
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!