TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- Grimes to open for Lana Del Rey on Endless Summer Tour
- Rihanna pranks Jimmy Kimmel in his own bed for April Fools' Day: Sneak preview
- 'American Idol' adds a Twitter Fan Save
- Jim Norton backs Trevor Noah: TIME essay
- Producer Jason Blum talks about the new Joel Edgerton-Jason Bateman thriller 'The Gift'
- See all the names Kurt Cobain considered for Nirvana