TBS has ordered 10 episodes of Sullivan and Son, a bar-set comedy starring comedian Steve Byrne and exec produced by Vince Vaughn, Peter Billingsley, and showrunner Rob Long (Cheers). The show, which will premiere this summer, is set in a popular working-class neighborhood drinking hole in Pittsburgh. Byrne plays a corporate attorney from New York who brings his girlfriend home for a visit just as his Irish-American father, Jack Sullivan (The Wonder Years’ Dan Lauria) and Korean mother, Ok Cha (Beginners’ Jodi Long), are preparing to sell the bar and retire. He decides to stay and run it. If you’re thinking Paddy’s Pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, don’t. Sullivan & Son is the “unofficial town hall,” so we assume they have actual customers.
Posted February 10 2012 — 5:00 PM EST
- Zachary Quinto to narrate new John Scalzi novella 'The Dispatcher'
- Woody Allen's mysterious TV show releases first photos
- 'Anastasia' musical journeys to the past with enchanting new artwork
- Merle Dandridge: 'Greenleaf' season finale will be 'explosive'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner: 'We did not seek to make anybody angry'
- Cloris Leachman remembers costar Gene Wilder with touching statement
- How David Bowie and climate change inspired Sting's new LP