After jamming with Linda Ronstadt and Ry Cooder on 2010’s San Patricio, the Celtic-music legends recruit a younger roster of stars to mark their 50th anniversary on Voice of Ages. The dreamy ”Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies” showcases Miranda Lambert and her Pistol Annies, while the Civil Wars connect Ireland to Appalachia on ”Lily Love.” Prettier still is classic murder ballad ”Down in the Willow Garden,” featuring the characteristically spectral vocals of Bon Iver. B
CELTIC CELEBRATION The Chieftains enlist a host of musical A-listers to help ring in their 50th anniversary
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: The Chieftains; Music Label: Concord
Posted February 15 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Underground' adds Aisha Hinds as Harriet Tubman for season 2
- '90210' actress wants actors' ages off casting sites to prevent ageism
- Doug Liman to direct 'Justice League Dark' for Warner Bros.
- PaleyFest: Made in NY to feature 'Daily Show,' 'Homeland,' 'Elementary'
- Hear a never-released George Carlin bit about hating the police
- The Weeknd teases new music
- Jennifer Holliday joining 'The Color Purple' revival
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...