Ben Wheatley’s ultraviolent hitman horror movie Kill List starts off like a kitchen-sink Guy Ritchie film, with Gal (Michael Smiley) and Jay (Neil Maskell), a lowly pair of hired killers, extending a dinner party into a drunken wrangle. Then the two go out on an assigned homicide spree, with Smiley’s Cockney psycho amping up each torture-murder so it’s even grislier than the last. It’s all very sub-Tarantino showy and empty — at least, until the head-scratching climax, which tries to be Eyes Wide Shut, The Wicker Man, and The Twilight Zone all at once, but only makes you wish that you were watching one of them instead. (Also available on VOD) C
SHOOT TO 'KILL' Neil Maskell in Kill List
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Neil Maskell, Michael Smiley; Director: Ben Wheatley; Release Date Limited: 02/03/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 95
Posted February 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wes Craven's 5 most twistedly influential films
- A$AP Rocky brings 'L$D' to the VMAs
- Celebrity reactions to Kanye West's MTV VMAs speech
- Miley Cyrus announces new album during VMAs performance
- 'Bad Blood' wins Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs
- The most GIF-able moments from this year's MTV VMAs
- 'I Am Cait' recap: 'The Dating Game'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!