Ben Wheatley’s ultraviolent hitman horror movie Kill List starts off like a kitchen-sink Guy Ritchie film, with Gal (Michael Smiley) and Jay (Neil Maskell), a lowly pair of hired killers, extending a dinner party into a drunken wrangle. Then the two go out on an assigned homicide spree, with Smiley’s Cockney psycho amping up each torture-murder so it’s even grislier than the last. It’s all very sub-Tarantino showy and empty — at least, until the head-scratching climax, which tries to be Eyes Wide Shut, The Wicker Man, and The Twilight Zone all at once, but only makes you wish that you were watching one of them instead. (Also available on VOD) C
SHOOT TO 'KILL' Neil Maskell in Kill List
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Neil Maskell, Michael Smiley; Director: Ben Wheatley; Runtime (in minutes): 95
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!