Ben Wheatley’s ultraviolent hitman horror movie Kill List starts off like a kitchen-sink Guy Ritchie film, with Gal (Michael Smiley) and Jay (Neil Maskell), a lowly pair of hired killers, extending a dinner party into a drunken wrangle. Then the two go out on an assigned homicide spree, with Smiley’s Cockney psycho amping up each torture-murder so it’s even grislier than the last. It’s all very sub-Tarantino showy and empty — at least, until the head-scratching climax, which tries to be Eyes Wide Shut, The Wicker Man, and The Twilight Zone all at once, but only makes you wish that you were watching one of them instead. (Also available on VOD) C
SHOOT TO 'KILL' Neil Maskell in Kill List
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Horror; Starring: Neil Maskell, Michael Smiley; Director: Ben Wheatley; Release Date Limited: 02/03/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 95
Posted February 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Joan Rivers remembered during special episode of 'Fashion Police'
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!