EW has confirmed that High School Musical 3 alum Matt Prokop is set to join Modern Family in a guest role, as originally reported by Zap2it. The actor will play a love interest for star Sarah Hyland, his off-screen girlfriend. The couple met during auditions for HSM3 when which Prokop was cast as Troy Bolton’s (Zac Efron) eager admirer Jimmie “The Rocket” Zara. They have also appeared together in ensemble comedy Conception, Disney TV movie Geek Charming, and Struck by Lightning, the upcoming film written by and starring Glee’s Chris Colfer.
Posted February 21 2012 — 1:59 PM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!