EW has confirmed that High School Musical 3 alum Matt Prokop is set to join Modern Family in a guest role, as originally reported by Zap2it. The actor will play a love interest for star Sarah Hyland, his off-screen girlfriend. The couple met during auditions for HSM3 when which Prokop was cast as Troy Bolton’s (Zac Efron) eager admirer Jimmie “The Rocket” Zara. They have also appeared together in ensemble comedy Conception, Disney TV movie Geek Charming, and Struck by Lightning, the upcoming film written by and starring Glee’s Chris Colfer.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:29 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip