EW has confirmed that High School Musical 3 alum Matt Prokop is set to join Modern Family in a guest role, as originally reported by Zap2it. The actor will play a love interest for star Sarah Hyland, his off-screen girlfriend. The couple met during auditions for HSM3 when which Prokop was cast as Troy Bolton’s (Zac Efron) eager admirer Jimmie “The Rocket” Zara. They have also appeared together in ensemble comedy Conception, Disney TV movie Geek Charming, and Struck by Lightning, the upcoming film written by and starring Glee’s Chris Colfer.
Posted February 21 2012 — 1:59 PM EST
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!