Sacha Baron Cohen is milking his public standoff with the Academy for all the free publicity it’s worth. The comic provocateur reportedly wanted to walk the red carpet at this Sunday’s Oscars as his character from Paramount’s upcoming comedy The Dictator, a Middle Eastern strongman named Admiral General Aladeen, but the Academy put the kibosh on that plan, saying it would rescind its invitation to Baron Cohen (who is one of the stars of the Best Picture-nominated Hugo) if he went ahead with the stunt. Now comes word that tomorrow morning Baron Cohen, in the guise of the character, will post a video response to “the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Zionists” on the web site for the fictitious Republic of Wadiya. Check back here tomorrow for the video.
Posted February 23 2012 — 8:30 PM EST
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing