Sacha Baron Cohen is milking his public standoff with the Academy for all the free publicity it’s worth. The comic provocateur reportedly wanted to walk the red carpet at this Sunday’s Oscars as his character from Paramount’s upcoming comedy The Dictator, a Middle Eastern strongman named Admiral General Aladeen, but the Academy put the kibosh on that plan, saying it would rescind its invitation to Baron Cohen (who is one of the stars of the Best Picture-nominated Hugo) if he went ahead with the stunt. Now comes word that tomorrow morning Baron Cohen, in the guise of the character, will post a video response to “the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Zionists” on the web site for the fictitious Republic of Wadiya. Check back here tomorrow for the video.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- Monty Python's riotous NYC reunion: 12 craziest moments
- Bruce Jenner interview draws 16.9M viewers; best Friday night non-sports TV ratings since '03
- 'Star Wars': Daisy Ridley reveals Rey secrets
- Bruce Jenner E! series to debut in July
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'