This overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the “hormone mafia” — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who fatten their cows with illegal drugs. Jacky (Matthias Schoenaerts), the tormented central goon, is a steroid addict himself, but even when we learn why (in a flashback so grisly it’s nearly impossible to watch), we don’t feel any more connected to him or to the turgidly convoluted plot. A nominee for this year’s Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, Bullhead proves that you can make an underworld movie pumped up with pretension. C-
BullheadThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...BullheadDramaPT126MRThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...2012-02-24
BULLHEAD Matthias Schoenaerts as "Jacky Vanmarsenille"
Genre: Drama; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!