This overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the “hormone mafia” — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who fatten their cows with illegal drugs. Jacky (Matthias Schoenaerts), the tormented central goon, is a steroid addict himself, but even when we learn why (in a flashback so grisly it’s nearly impossible to watch), we don’t feel any more connected to him or to the turgidly convoluted plot. A nominee for this year’s Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, Bullhead proves that you can make an underworld movie pumped up with pretension. C-
BullheadThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...BullheadDramaPT126MRThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...2012-02-24
BULLHEAD Matthias Schoenaerts as "Jacky Vanmarsenille"
Genre: Drama; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Uncle Jesse & Aunt Becky's twins will be on 'Fuller House' too
- Jason Segel gets serious playing David Foster Wallace in 'The End of the Tour'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!