This overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the “hormone mafia” — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who fatten their cows with illegal drugs. Jacky (Matthias Schoenaerts), the tormented central goon, is a steroid addict himself, but even when we learn why (in a flashback so grisly it’s nearly impossible to watch), we don’t feel any more connected to him or to the turgidly convoluted plot. A nominee for this year’s Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, Bullhead proves that you can make an underworld movie pumped up with pretension. C-
BullheadThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...BullheadDramaPT126MRThis overheated yet bizarrely opaque criminal character study from Belgium is set among the "hormone mafia" — i.e., Flemish cattle farmers who...2012-02-24
BULLHEAD Matthias Schoenaerts as "Jacky Vanmarsenille"
Genre: Drama; Release Date Limited: 02/17/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 126; MPAA Rating: R
Posted February 24 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!