After a string of false starts and scrapped singles, All of Me is ready to go global. Seriously: The U.K. singer’s latest begins with shout-outs to Paris, Beijing, and ”wherever you came from.” But touristy boasting doesn’t quite suit her (”American Boy” was more about the boy than his borders, after all). Fortunately, what follows does: feel-good soul-pop, melodic grrrl-power rhymes, and lush love songs that make even gruff guest Rick Ross sound like a romantic. B+
GLOBAL INVASION Estelle's latest is filled with soul-pop anthems that prime the singer for big-time success (Keith Major)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Estelle; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted March 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shonda Rhimes’ first book, 'Year Of Yes,' is due out this fall
- Hear Tom Petty's new song from the Entourage movie
- Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, 'Doctor Who' heading to 'Lego Dimensions'
- Adam Rodriguez joins 'Empire' cast ahead of season 2
- Watch the trailer for HBO's gun violence documentary 'Requiem for the Dead'
- Milo Ventimiglia to attend 'Gilmore Girls' reunion at ATX Festival
- 'Big Bang Theory' characters go LEGO: First Look