After a string of false starts and scrapped singles, All of Me is ready to go global. Seriously: The U.K. singer’s latest begins with shout-outs to Paris, Beijing, and ”wherever you came from.” But touristy boasting doesn’t quite suit her (”American Boy” was more about the boy than his borders, after all). Fortunately, what follows does: feel-good soul-pop, melodic grrrl-power rhymes, and lush love songs that make even gruff guest Rick Ross sound like a romantic. B+
GLOBAL INVASION Estelle's latest is filled with soul-pop anthems that prime the singer for big-time success (Keith Major)
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Estelle; Music Label: Atlantic
Posted March 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Penelope Cruz to star in reinvention drama 'Layover'
- 'The Catch' lands 'Happy Endings,' 'Army Wives' stars
- What to Watch Thursday: 'Lip Sync Battle' stages a 'Community' reunion
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Voice'
- Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Judd Apatow on deck for USO comedy show
- Jacob Tremblay is Team Iron Man, and other adorable revelations
- 'Rogue One' actor reveals character detail in new interview