Having smoked weed with Keith Richards, earned blog love from Kanye, and set a Guinness World Record for longest freestyle rap, this Philly duo arrives with so much hipster cred, it probably had to be imported from Japan. Luckily, the hype’s deserved: From rapper Chidera ”Chiddy” Anamege’s witty-geek riffs on Ray Charles and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to DJ/producer Noah ”Xaphoon Jones” Beresin’s arsenal of what’s that amazing indie-rock song? samples (Icona Pop! Walk the Moon! Other bands you’ll want to Google!), they’ve made the most exciting debut of 2012 so far. Breakfast is such an original album, it’s coined a new term for swag: Call it swelly. A
SOULFUL SWAGGER Already making waves in the hipster world, the Philly duo's Breakfast serves up one heaping helping of hip-hop originality (Raymond Boyd/Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Music Label: Virgin
Posted March 1 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' star Kim Dickens on the moment that 'destroyed' Madison
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner Dave Erickson breaks down 'So Close, Yet So Far'
- Wes Craven, 'Nightmare on Elm Street' filmmaker, dies at 76
- Nicki Minaj blasts Miley Cyrus at VMAs 2015
- The Weeknd brings Kanye West to his feet with 'Can't Feel My Face' at VMAs
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis take the VMAs 'Downtown'
- Miley Cyrus opens the 2015 VMAs with Instagram lessons
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!