Having smoked weed with Keith Richards, earned blog love from Kanye, and set a Guinness World Record for longest freestyle rap, this Philly duo arrives with so much hipster cred, it probably had to be imported from Japan. Luckily, the hype’s deserved: From rapper Chidera ”Chiddy” Anamege’s witty-geek riffs on Ray Charles and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to DJ/producer Noah ”Xaphoon Jones” Beresin’s arsenal of what’s that amazing indie-rock song? samples (Icona Pop! Walk the Moon! Other bands you’ll want to Google!), they’ve made the most exciting debut of 2012 so far. Breakfast is such an original album, it’s coined a new term for swag: Call it swelly. A
SOULFUL SWAGGER Already making waves in the hipster world, the Philly duo's Breakfast serves up one heaping helping of hip-hop originality (Raymond Boyd/Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Music Label: Virgin
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Patrick Stewart is a coke-fueled cable news host in 'Blunt Talk' teaser
- Jake Gyllenhaal plays a down-on-his-luck boxer in 'Southpaw' trailer
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' breakout Tituss Burgess on his alter ego (and 'Pinot Noir')
- Robert Kirkman reveals 'Walking Dead' companion series will be called...
- 9 plotlines you didn't realize started in the 'Grey's Anatomy' pilot
- Chill your way into the weekend with DADRAS's 'RUBAIYAT I' EP -- exclusive
- NBC orders Ellen DeGeneres-produced reality series 'First Dates'
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!